Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Online Forms, Polls, Surveys, Events Feedback
Information you provide via online forms, polls, surveys or events feedback: We may gather information such as your name, email address, location, role and your interests in becoming involved in TechFoundHer. We gather information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about our services and invite your participation in meetings, events, showcase opportunities.
- To respond to your inquiries and requests.
- To provide you with customised content that’s relevant to your location and to your interests.
- To send you news and newsletters via email or to otherwise contact you about services, events or information we think may interest you.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the User has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our Users. We may share information about our Users in the circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose User information to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our services to our Users or to process the information on our behalf. We require our subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that we share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share User information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our services to our Users and their Sites. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose User information in response to a court order, or other legal request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Site visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of TechFoundHer, our Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, User information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
How long we retain your data
When you consent for us to use your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent. Each e-mail we send Users will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications.
What rights you have over your data
We have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the following rights for you as an individual:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to correct and/or complete the information held or to delete data in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to unsubscribe to contact from us.